Foundation Ska is one of the pop compilations to explore the greatness of the legendary Skatalites. This top-tier Jamacain ska band featured the cream of the island's musicians in a true supergroup. Tommy McCook, Roland Alphonso, and Johnny Moore were already recognized as the best players on the island and Don Drummond's legendary status eclipsed them all. Adding Lloyd Knibbs and Lloyd Brevette as the rhythm section and Jackie Mittoo on piano, the Skatalites' greatness was unrivaled. The reissue of this 1997 album, long out of print, is now a strictly Studio One affair with the inclusion of six hard-to-find tracks from the label. A true slice of ska history, these songs sound as fresh today as they did when first released in the early-60s. Including a history of the group and song notes along with its mix of top songs and vocals, this album is a must have for all ska fans!
• 2LP-set in single sleeve
• Previously out of print compilation is being reissued for the first time for its 20th anniversary
• Features 6 scarce Studio One tracks not included on the original release
• Bob Marley and the Wailers features on the track "Simmer Down"
• Liner notes by Studio One and Heartbeat Records personality Chris Wilson
• Booklet chronicling the history of the Skatalites and song information included