Thelonious Monk Straight, No Chaser on Numbered 180g 2LP from Impex Records
Remastered by Kevin Gray & Robert Pincus at Cohearent Audio
Deluxe All-Analog 2LP-Set Limited to 3,000 Individually Numbered Pressings
1966's Teo Macero-produced Straight, No Chaser was Thelonious Monk's introspective sixth LP for Columbia and it contains some of the pianist's most mature works, including a striking re-working of the classic title track, an evocative modal twist on Japanese folk music, and the swinging bop of "We See," all lensed through the transformative interplay of his quartet with Charlie Rouse (tenor saxophone), Ben Riley (drums) and Larry Gales (bass).
Impex Records' deluxe all-analog 2LP set includes the original six tracks (three of which are presented in their original uncut length on LP for the first time) and the bonus track "Green Chimneys." These extensions, beautifully remastered by Kevin Gray and Robert Pincus at Cohearent Audio, give fuller, richer expression to Thelonious Monk’s genius as a performer of unparalleled spiritual and technical facility.
• Available for the first time on an all-analog 180-gram 2LP-set
• Features the complete, unedited performances & bonus track "Green Chimneys"
• Mastered from original tapes by Kevin Gray and Robert Pincus at Cohearent Audio
• Pressed at RTI for superior playback quality
• Limited to 3,000 individually numbered pressings
Thelonious Monk Straight, No Chaser Track Listing:
2. I Didn't Know About You
3. Green Chimneys
4. Straight, No Chaser
1. Japanese Folk Song
2. Between The Devil And The Deep Blue Sea
3. We See