Trojan Records Presents The Best Of Trojan Rude Boy Ska Vol. 1 - Various Artists on LP
One of fifteen brand new compilation LP’s celebrating the re-launch of Trojan Records. Twelve of the best-known singles that focused on the issue of inner city violence in Jamaica throughout late-66 to early-67. Rude Boys battled with the authorities for control of the streets and their activities became the subject of many recordings. The Best Of Trojan Rude Boy Ska Vol. 1 features material from Desmond Dekker & The Aces, Alton Ellis & The Flames, The Rulers and more!
Launched in the summer of 1968, Trojan dominated the UK reggae scene throughout the late sixties and early seventies, issuing the best new sounds that both Jamaican and British music makers had to offer. Between 1969 and 1975, the company released well over two thousand 7” singles, of which no less than 28 breached the UK Top 50 chart. During the same period, it issued some 300 albums, highlighting the latest reggae chart toppers, such as Desmond Dekker, John Holt, Toots & the Maytals and Ken Boothe, along with music from lesser-known artists, whose number included future legends, Bob Marley & the Wailers, Dennis Brown and Gregory Isaacs.
Trojan’s astounding success during this period was instrumental in introducing reggae to a global audience and in so doing provided the foundations upon which Jamaican music has since been able to develop and prosper. Today, more than four decades after its launch, Trojan remains one of the most iconic music labels in the world, continually attracting new fans with its vast catalog of music that encompasses a wide range of styles from sixties ska and rock steady to the more recent sounds of roots, dub, lovers rock and dancehall.
Trojan Records Presents The Best Of Trojan Rude Boy Ska Vol. 1 Track Listing:
1. Don't Be A Rude Boy (The Rulers)
2. Soldiers Take Over (The Rio Grandes)
3. Denham Town (Winston & George)
4. No Good Rudie (Justin Hinds & The Dominoes)
5. Rudie Gets Plenty (The Spanishtonians)
6. Cry Tough (Alton Ellis & The Flames)
7. Rudy Got Soul (Desmond Dekker & The Aces)
8. Stop Them (Hazel & The Jolly Boys)
9. Rudies All Around (Joe White)
10. Why Oh Why (The Black Brothers)
11. Guns Fever (Blam Blam Fever) (The Valentines)
12. Rudy A Message To You (Dandy)