70th Anniversary Hybrid Mono SACD Edition of Iconic 1950 Columbia Records LP Sourced, Restored and Remastered from High-Resolution Digital Transfers and Expanded with Six Previously Unreleased Bonus Tracks!
Impex Records is pleased to reissue Frank Sinatra's iconic 1950 Columbia Records ten-inch LP Sing and Dance with Frank Sinatra. Originally issued in October 1950, the title was the singer's first fully-conceived big-band jazz album to appear on a modern, long-play vinyl record. The 70th-anniversary Hybrid SACD brims with rare, previously unreleased session material, outtakes and alternate vocal takes from the original sessions and offers the exquisite audiophile-quality sound that Impex Records is noted for.
Created in cooperation with Sony Music's Legacy Recordings, the new deluxe reissue was produced by noted Sinatra producer, author and historian Charles L. Granata, and restored/remastered by six-time Grammy-winning recording engineer Andreas Meyer. The high-resolution SACD/CD hybrid version was authored by Gus Skinas at Super Audio Center/Sonoma Systems. Included is an extensive, full-color booklet designed by Robert Sliger, featuring a comprehensive historical essay, full discography/personnel listing and detailed technical notes authored by Granata, plus a generous array of rare photographs, promotional artwork and unpublished visual ephemera pertaining to the album. The executive producers are Abey Fonn and Bob Bantz.
Rich in musical texture, this essential Sinatra classic - featuring the swing-style arrangements of George Siravo - marked a pivotal moment in 20th-Century pop music history, and represented the singer's transition from tender crooner to hip, swinging sophisticate. These performances offer a flawless snapshot of Sinatra's legendary musical craftsmanship as he reinvents himself for a new direction in his career - one that would hail his unparalleled success of the 1950s and '60s.
For this commemorative release, Impex has augmented the album's original eight songs with a dazzling array of previously unreleased bonus tracks including alternate takes, orchestra-only tracks and a revealing glimpse of Frank Sinatra in Columbia's famed 30th Street Studio (circa 1949), personally directing every facet of the recording session. The SACD version even includes an extra track not found on the 33rpm vinyl edition! This exquisite, high-fidelity session offers the most concise, in-depth illustration of Frank Sinatra working his magic in the studio, and functioning as his own producer.
The Impex team has spared no expense or effort in the creation of this milestone recording. The Hybrid SACD/CD edition has been sourced, restored and remastered from high-resolution digital transfers made concurrently with the LP's analog tape and disc transfers.
• 70th anniversary Hybrid Mono SACD from Impex Records
• Executive produced by Abey Fonn & Bob Bantz and created in cooperation with Sony Music's Legacy Recordings
• Produced by noted Sinatra producer, author & historian Charles L. Granata
• Features 8 original songs plus 6 previously unreleased bonus tracks (including one not found on the 33rpm edition)
• Sourced, restored and remastered from high-resolution digital transfers made concurrently with the LP's analog tape and disc transfers
• Restored/remastered by recording engineer Andreas Meyer
• Authored by Gus Skinas at Super Audio Center/Sonoma Systems
• Extensive, full-color booklet designed by Robert Sliger, featuring a comprehensive historical essay, full discography/personnel listing and detailed technical notes authored by Granata, plus a generous array of rare photographs, promotional artwork and unpublished visual ephemera pertaining to the album
2. It's Only A Paper Moon
3. My Blue Heaven
4. It All Depends On You
5. You Do Something To Me
6. Should I
7. The Continental
8. When You're Smiling (The Whole World Smiles With You)
Bonus Tracks, Alternate Takes & Sessions
9. Farewell, Farewell To Love (Original Master Tape)
10. Deep Night (Original Master Tape)
11. You Do Something To Me (Orchestra Take, false starts + alternate vocal take) [Previously Unreleased Recording]
12. American Beauty Rose (Alternate Vocal Take) [Previously Unreleased Recording]
13. It All Depends On You (Session + '-Test' take) [Previously Unreleased Recording]
14. It All Depends On You (Session Recording [Short version - Prev. Unissued] + 'Test' Take)