Mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound and Stereo from the Original Analog Master Tapes by Pink Floyd Producer/Engineer James Guthrie!
Pink Floyd's iconic 1977 album Animals is a concept album, focusing on the social-political conditions of mid-1970s Britain, and was a change from the style of the band's earlier work. The album was developed from a collection of unrelated songs into a concept which describes the apparent social and moral decay of society, likening the human condition to that of animals.
Taking inspiration from George Orwell's Animal Farm, the album depicts the different classes of people as animals with pigs being at the top of the social chain, dropping down to the sheep as the mindless herd following what they are told, with dogs as the business bosses getting fat on the money and power they hold over the other. Although it's been a long time since 1977, the narrative of the album still resonates today as our social and economic situation mirrors that of the time.
This Hybrid multichannel SACD from Analogue Productions has been mixed for 5.1 surround sound and stereo from the original analog master tapes by Pink Floyd Producer/Engineer James Guthrie and plays in stereo on CD players and in 5.1 surround sound and stereo on all SACD and compatible players.
• Culled from the original analog master tapes by Pink Floyd producer/engineer James Guthrie
• 2018 new stereo mix (high-resolution DSD)
• 2018 new 5.1 surround mix (high-resolution DSD)
• 2018 new stereo mix (standard CD)
• Plays in stereo on CD players and in 5.1 surround sound and stereo on all SACD and compatible players Read More
- Pigs On The Wing 1
- Pigs (Three Different Ones)
- Pigs On The Wing 2