Espana - Rimsky Korsakov - Granados - Chabrier - Moszkowski - Argenta - London Symphony Orchestra on Hybrid Stereo SACD
Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
Includes 9 Decca Titles All Remastered from the Original Master Tapes by Willem Makee
Due to such resounding critical and customer support for their first RCA Living Stereo reissue series featuring 25 premier-sounding titles - Analogue Productions knew classical music lovers were hungry for more. Their Decca Classical SACD Series includes nine Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series). Each historical title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee.
Early London/Decca Stereo Classical instrumental and chamber music recordings (1956-1963) contain some of the premient historical musical performances, many of which remain unequalled today. These reissued titles are very sought-after by collectors, never before available in a high-resolution digital format. The SACDs have been authored for the series by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO and are designed to be the finest editions of these recordings ever reissued!
Most classical devotees know that Espana features legendary Spanish conductor Ataulfo Argenta leading the London Symphony Orchestra in a program of so-called "Spanish" blockbusters. This is a carefully chosen medley of Spanish music which, interestingly enough, was mostly written by non-Spanish composers. It also happens to be one of the best recordings ever made. Sonically, this record – made in 1956-57 – is one of the best ever produced by Decca. The listener is literally swept off his or her feet and the tremendous sound emanating from the loudspeakers immediately conveys the rousing nature of the music. And the LSO plays with a rare vitality, pure enjoyment, precision and lucidity!
Rimsky-Korsakov / Granados / Chabrier / Moszkowski (composer)
Ataúlfo Argenta (conductor)
The London Symphony Orchestra
• Analogue Productions' Best of Decca Classical SACD Reissue Series
• Series includes 9 Decca titles on Hybrid Stereo SACD (no LPs for this series)
• Each title has been remastered from the original master tapes and the digital transfers were made by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makee
• Never before available in a high-resolution digital format
• Series authored by Gus Skinas of the Super Audio Center in Boulder, CO
1. Capriccio Espagnol Op. 34
2. Granados - Andaluza (Danza Española No. 5 in E Minor Op. 37)
3. Chabrier - España
4. Moszkowski - Spanish Dances Book 1 Op. 12