Walton - Facade - Lecocq - Mamzelle Angot - Fistoulari - Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden on 200g LP from Analogue Productions
RCA/Decca Living Stereo Reissue Series featuring 12 RCA Europe Titles on Both 33 1/3 200g LP & Hybrid Stereo SACD!
Coming on the heels of Analogue Productions' recently announced Decca Classical SACD series of nine famed iconic classical titles, these 12 RCA Europe titles are some of the most sought-after by collectors. Hard-to-find original mint condition pressings fetch premium prices. And now they're getting the much-lauded Analogue Productions reissue treatment!
Analogue Productions has remastered these historic recordings from the original master tapes. The majority of the titles were remastered by renowned European mastering engineer Willem Makkee. The vinyl releases will be pressed at Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstron. The LP packaging will be original tip-on jacket facsimiles that precisely duplicate the original cover art.
Antole Fistoulari conducts the Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden in a performance of Sir William Walton's Façade and Charles Lecocq's Mamzelle Angot. Working with the Royal Ballet Orchestra in Covent Garden under Fistoulari, engineer Ken Cross and producer Michael Williamson created another Decca/RCA masterpiece. It's hard to know where to begin with a record this good. The top – the high end – of this recording is simply as well recorded as any RCA there is.
Undeniable transparency, snap, detail and body on cymbals, bells and woodblocks. The same virtues, along with the added virtue of harmonic richness extends into the mid-range. Strings are sweet, diaphanous, transparent and a bit bright, without being irritating. Brass and woodwinds – which in this piece carry much of the thematic load – are particularly well reproduced.
William Walton / Charles Lecocq, composer
Anatole Fistoulari, conductor
The Royal Opera House Orchestra, Covent Garden
• 33 1/3 200g vinyl
• Mastered by Willem Makkee
• Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Plated by Gary Salstron
• Also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD
1. Walton - Facade - Fanfare
2. Walton - Facade - Scotch Rhapsody
3. Walton - Facade - Valse
4. Walton - Facade - Tango-Pasadoble
5. Walton - Facade - Swiss Jodelling Song
6. Walton - Facade - Country Dance
7. Walton - Facade - Polka
8. Walton - Facade - Noche Espagnole
9. Walton - Facade - Popular Song
10. Walton - Facade - Old Sir Faulk
11. Walton - Facade - Tarantella Sevilana
12. Lecocq - Mamzelle Angot - Act 1: No. 3 - Mazurka; No. 5 - Tempo di Marcia
13. Lecocq - Mamzelle Angot - Act 2: No. 8 - Tempo di Gavotte; No. 11
14. Lecocq - Mamzelle Angot - Act 3: No. 13 - Finale