Remastered from the Original Master Tape and Cut at 33 1/3 RPM by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs are the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound! Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2 presents another 25 newly remastered classical titles which will delight and astound music buffs with unbelievable clarity and tonal richness. As with AP's highly-regarded LSC series, shortcomings of previous editions have been improved upon – from the mastering, to the LP pressing, to the sharp-looking glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jackets that faithfully duplicate the original artwork, "Living Stereo" logo, "Shaded Dog" label and all!
Mauro Giuliani was one of several composers who succeeded in establishing the guitar concerto as an accepted musical convention. Concerto for Guitar and Strings is the first genuinely "virtuoso" concerto written for the instrument. Malcolm Arnold was a composer of pathos and deep intensity. His concertos, written mainly for virtuoso friends, includes the Guitar Concerto, written for Julian Bream and recorded here with Arnold conducting. Fully aware that Spain is the "spiritual" home of the guitar, Arnold deliberately decided to give the instrument a more universal character. He circumvented the Spanish overtones of the instrument by subtle use of modal melodic material.
Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound from the original 3-track master tapes, cut at 33 1/3, and plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings - no other editions match these for the quietest 200-gram platters available. This title is also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD.
Mauro Giuliani / Malcolm Arnold, composer
Malcolm Arnold, conductor
Julian Bream, guitar
• Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2
• Remastered from the original master tape and cut at 33 1/3 RPM by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
• Lacquers plated by Gary Salstrom and pressed on 200-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings
• Glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jacket faithfully duplicating the original artwork
• Also available on Hybrid Stereo SACD
- Concerto For Guitar And Strings - First Movement: Allegro Maestoso
- Concerto For Guitar And Strings - Second Movement: Andantino Siciliano
- Concerto For Guitar And Strings - Third Movement: Alla Polacca
- Guitar Concerto, Op. 67 - First Movement: Allegro
- Guitar Concerto, Op. 67 - Second Movement: Lento
- Guitar Concerto, Op. 67 - Third Movement: Con Brio