180g 6LP Set Features Electric Ladyland Newly Remastered By Bernie Grundman, 20 Early Takes, Previously Unreleased Live 9/14/68 Show: Deluxe Box Also Includes Blu-ray with 5.1 Surround Mix
In celebration of the 50th anniversary of the release of the Jimi Hendrix Experience's 1968 masterpiece Electric Ladyland, Experience Hendrix and Legacy Recordings present a special Deluxe Edition box set spread across six 180-gram vinyl LPs in three gatefold jackets and one Blu-ray disc. LP1 and 2, the original double album, is newly remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog tapes. Grundman prepared an all analog direct to disc vinyl transfer of the album, preserving the authenticity. LP3 and 4, Electric Ladyland: The Early Takes, presents 20 never heard demos and studio outtakes from this period in Hendrix's career. LP5 and 6, Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live At the Hollywood Bowl 9/14/68 is part of Experience Hendrix's Dagger Records official bootleg series. The never before released recording captures the band and the mounting excitement that took place just weeks before the release of Electric Ladyland.
The Blu-ray disc, includes the acclaimed full-length documentary At Last...The Beginning: The Making of Electric Ladyland, a new 5.1 surround sound mix of the entire original album by Hendrix's original engineer Eddie Kramer plus the original stereo mixes in uncompressed 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio.
Electric Ladyland: Deluxe Edition also includes a full color, 48-page book containing Jimi's handwritten lyrics, poem and instructions to his record label, as well as never before published photos from the recording sessions that were shot by Kramer himself. It's all contained in a luxe case-made lift-top box with new cover art which is true to Hendrix's original vision of the album's cover: a Linda (McCartney) Eastman photograph of the band and children at the statue of Alice In Wonderland in New York's Central Park.
• 50th anniversary deluxe 180g 6LP + Blu-ray box set
• Original album newly remastered by Bernie Grundman from the original analog tapes
• Electric Ladyland: The Early Takes, presenting 20 never heard demos and studio outtakes from this period in Hendrix's career
• Jimi Hendrix Experience: Live At the Hollywood Bowl 9/14/68 (previously unreleased)
• Blu-ray disc featuring full-length documentary At Last...The Beginning: The Making of Electric Ladyland, new 5.1 surround sound mix of the entire original album by original engineer Eddie Kramer & original stereo mixes in uncompressed 24 bit/96 kz high resolution audio
• Full color, 48-page book with handwritten lyrics, poem, Jimi's instructions to his record label and never before published photos
• Casemade lift top box packaging with new Linda McCartney cover art true to Hendrix's original vision