Sonics, Craftsmanship, Value, Character, and Heritage: Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Bookshelf Speakers Pay Homage to Legendary Original Model
Heritage: A desirable trait that cannot be bought, falsified, or duplicated. Wharfedale's 80th Anniversary Edition Denton bookshelf loudspeaker celebrates tradition and honors the excellence of a company that continues to perform to the same exalted standards it did more than eight decades ago. Wharfedale has always been committed to serving you, the music lover. Renowned for its warm, inviting, and rich character, the Denton plays a big role in that history.
"There aren't many audio companies that have been around to celebrate 80 years in the business. But Wharfedale has marked that impressive milestone with the Denton stand mounters. These are immensely likeable. Their relaxed yet engaging sound has a lot of appeal. They're fully capable of delivering a large slice of sonic heaven [and] we can't think of a rival at this price that will suit you better!"
Multiple enhancements, along with the strong tie to one of the finest legacy's in audio, ensure music lovers of all stripes will want this model. The bass unit boasts a standard-setting woven Kevlar cone mounted on a ridged die-cast chassis, while the drive units are paired with a meticulous crossover to achieve seamless balance and performance. Denton's cabinet walls utilize Wharfedale's distinguished sandwich wood construction, leading to improved panel resonance, decreased internal vibrations, and diminished colorations. The end result: An alluring compact loudspeaker that fuses utmost craftsmanship, pure sonics, and incredible value. Wharfedale wouldn't have it any other way.
Appointed with hand-veneered mahogany, and insert front baffle, and traditional Tungsten cloth grille, Denton beckons you to see them to really understand what they offer visually and sonically. That means you have to get them in your room. Music Direct makes it easy by guaranteeing your satisfaction with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Even though we don't plan on seeing these beauties return.Call a Music Direct audio consultant or simply order on our site today to get your pair of Dentons delivered to your door
"The Dentons never give the impression they are [emphasizing] one part of the music to the detriment of another yet still manage to avoid sounding overly dry and clinical. Instead, they just make music sound fun...."
–Jon Myles, Hi-Fi World
- Inset Front Baffle: The front baffle is firmly locked into the cabinet by a deep inset. This contributes to the speaker’s traditional look and, more importantly, to its improved sound quality, as it reduces cabinet vibration and provides a stable platform for the drive units.
- High Performance Bass/mid Unit: To make the most of the strong front baffle, the main drive unit chassis has been enhanced with a massive flange that is secured using six screws, thus improving its stability. The carefully designed surround of the woven Kevlar cone helps to yield a clean high-frequency acoustic roll-off thus enhancing the ability of the mid/bass unit and tweeter to work as a cohesive whole.
- Low Profile Chassis: The Bass/mid unit features an open chassis structure to reduce reflection from rear cone movements, allowing air to move freely from the driver, which in turn results in an overall even response with very low distortion. Formed from injection-molded alloy in a shape pioneered by Wharfedale, the chassis itself provides substantial damping of ring waves.
- Rear-firing Twin Reflex Ports: The speaker’s twin reflex ports have been moved to the rear of the cabinet, to reduce the effects of audible distortion. These ports extend the bass to below 45Hz, contributing to an impressive sense of sonic scale.
- Ferrite-Powered Treble Motor System: With the use of a high strength 70mm Ferrite magnet, the concentration of the magnetic field is directed precisely within the area of voice coil excursion for an ultra-linear performance. The mounting plate has a profiled cross-section to optimize the dispersion of high frequency sound so it integrates flawlessly with the bass/mid-range drivers and produces the fastest and most linear response possible.
- Advanced Computer Modeled Crossover: Denton’s crossover is based upon phase-perfect Linkwitz-Riley filters, modeled in Wharfedale's advanced crossover simulation software and then fine-tuned by ear to yield the traditional Wharfedale character of sound.
- Traditional Front Grille: The front grille has been designed to ensure it has no adverse effect on the speaker’s performance. The cloth chosen for the grille not only emphasizes the traditional look but also enhances the sonic performance.
- Offset Bi-Wire Terminals: Utilizing the same familiar offset terminal block as high-end Wharfedale speakers, the gold-plated contact areas and bridging strips allow firm connections with the best possible connectivity, whilst the offset pattern provides allowance for heavy duty cables and a wider range of cable connection options.
1 x 1" (25mm) High frequency textile dome
1 x 5" (125mm) Woven Kevlar bass cone
Frequency Response: (±3dB ) 44Hz - 24kHz
Sensitivity: (1W@1M) 86dB
A/V shielded: No
Crossover Frequency: 2.3kHz
Nominal Impedance: 6Ω
Recommended amplifier power: (RMS) 20-100 W
Accessories: Rubber Feet
Dimensions: 12.6" x 7.8" x 10.8"
Net weight: 17.4 lbs.