Peter Gabriel Peter Gabriel 2: Scratch on Numbered Limited Edition 180g 45RPM 2LP + Download
Half-Speed Remastered & Cut to Lacquers at 45RPM!
In October 2015 Peter Gabriel’s first four self-titled solo albums will be available on vinyl for the first time since 2002. The first three releases are affectionately known as Car (1977), Scratch (1978) and Melt (1980) due to their iconic Hipgnosis designed covers. The fourth was named Security (1982) for the American market upon its initial release.
All of the albums have been half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45RPM, across two heavyweight 180g LPs to deliver maximum dynamic sound range. These records have really never sounded so good – pretty much as close to listening to the original master tape as it’s possible to get. The vinyl was cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering, mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis and overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer Richard Chappell.
These vinyl editions will be gatefold sleeves, utilizing imagery from the initial first LP pressings, sourced and re-scanned from original artwork. Each album comes in a numbered limited edition of 10,000 copies.
Recorded in the Netherlands and New York City, Peter’s second solo album saw Robert Fripp promoted to the role of producer. The album was released in June 1978. Fripp continued to feed Peter’s growing fascination with electronics and the resulting album is denser and more experimental than the debut.
• Numbered limited edition 180g 45rpm 2LP-set of 10,000 copies
• Half-speed remastered and cut to lacquers at 45rpm
• Vinyl was cut by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering
• Mastered by Tony Cousins at Metropolis
• Overseen by Peter’s main sound engineer Richard Chappell
• Gatefold sleeve, utilizing imagery from the initial first LP pressings, sourced and re-scanned from original artwork
• Download card