Trojan Records Presents The Best Of Trojan Instrumental Reggae Vol. 1 - Various Artists on LP
One of fifteen brand new compilation LP’s celebrating the re-launch of Trojan Records. Prior to the onset of roots music in the mid-70's, many of Jamaica s finest instrumentalists achieved major success. The Best Of Trojan Instrumental Reggae Vol. 1 contains 12 of the most sought after instrumental sides to see issue in Jamaica during the late-60's and early-70s including material from The Dynamites, Tommy McCook & The Supersonics, The Upsetters, Ansel Collins and more!
Launched in the summer of 1968, Trojan dominated the UK reggae scene throughout the late sixties and early seventies, issuing the best new sounds that both Jamaican and British music makers had to offer. Between 1969 and 1975, the company released well over two thousand 7” singles, of which no less than 28 breached the UK Top 50 chart. During the same period, it issued some 300 albums, highlighting the latest reggae chart toppers, such as Desmond Dekker, John Holt, Toots & the Maytals and Ken Boothe, along with music from lesser-known artists, whose number included future legends, Bob Marley & the Wailers, Dennis Brown and Gregory Isaacs.
Trojan’s astounding success during this period was instrumental in introducing reggae to a global audience and in so doing provided the foundations upon which Jamaican music has since been able to develop and prosper. Today, more than four decades after its launch, Trojan remains one of the most iconic music labels in the world, continually attracting new fans with its vast catalog of music that encompasses a wide range of styles from sixties ska and rock steady to the more recent sounds of roots, dub, lovers rock and dancehall.
Trojan Records Presents The Best Of Trojan Instrumental Reggae Vol. 1 Track Listing:
1. Liquidator (Tommy McCook & The Supersonics)
2. John Public (Tom Hark) (The Dynamites)
3. Royal Reggae Jeggae (Drumbago & His Band)
4. Stop That Man (The Crystallites)
5. Tons Of Gold (Val Bennett)
6. Top Secret (Winston Wright)
7. East Of The River Nile (Augustus Pablo)
8. A Thousand Tons Of Megaton (Roland Alphonso)
9. Scarface (Boris Gardiner & The Love People)
10. Clint Eastwood (The Upsetters)
11. The Monster (The Beverley's All Stars)
12. Stalag 17 (Ansel Collins)