Second Installment features 16 More Fresh Takes on Music from the Blue Note Vaults Recorded by the UK Jazz, Soul and R&B Scene's Rising Stars
Blue Note Re:imagined returns in 2022 with a new 16-track compilation featuring fresh takes on music from the illustrious Blue Note vaults recorded by a heavyweight line-up of the UK jazz, soul and R&B scene's most hotly-tipped rising stars. Arriving off the back of the widespread international success of the first volume, which topped jazz charts around the globe, Blue Note Re:imagined II once again infuses the spirit of the new UK jazz generation into the legendary label's iconic catalogue, balancing the genre's tradition with its future and reflecting the melting pot of talent and diversity within the current scene.
Additional tracks on the album will include funk-pop duo Franc Moody's version of Donald Byrd's "Cristo Redentor," fast-emerging vocalist Cherise's take on Norah Jones' "Sunrise," Maya Delilah covering Neil Young's "Harvest Moon," which was recorded by Cassandra Wilson on her 1995 Blue Note album Blue Moon Daughter, Birmingham-born pianist Reuben James' reimagining of Wayne Shorter's ballad "Infant Eyes," London tuba player and Sons of Kemet member Theon Cross with a version of the Thelonious Monk/Kenny Clarke composition "Epistrophy," and 9-piece afro-jazz outfit Nubiyan Twist's fresh spin on Donald Byrd's "Through The Noise (Chant 2)."
Blue Note is celebrated almost as much for its visionary album art as for its legendary recordings. Designer for the Blue Note Re:imagined campaign was Jay Vaz: "The Blue Note Re:imagined identity explores an abstract graphic notation score, aiming to represent the exciting energy and diverse range of artists that the new wave of jazz offers. The LP cover pays homage to a selection of legendary Reid Miles covers [in particular, Jackie McLean - It's Time] that I felt perfectly executed the energy of this compilation."
- Yazz Ahmed - It (Chick Correa)
- Conor Albert - You Make Me Feel So Good (Bobbi Humphrey)
- Parthenope - Don't Know Why (Norah Jones)
- Swindle - Miss Kane (Donald Byrd)
- Nubiyan Twist - Through The Noise (Chant No.2) (Donald Byrd)
- Ego Ella May - The Morning Side Of Love (Chico Hamilton)
- Oscar Jerome & Oscar #Worldpeace - (Why You So) Green With Envy (Grant Green)
- Daniel Casimir ft. Ria Moran - Lost (Wayne Shorter)
- Theon Cross - Epistrophy (Thelonious Monk)
- Maya Delilah - Harvest Moon (Cassandra Wilson)
- Kay Young - Feel Like Making Love (Marlena Shaw)
- Venna & Marco Bernardis - Where Are We Going (Donald Byrd)
- Reuben James - Infant Eyes (Wayne Shorter)
- Binker Golding - Fort Worth (Joe Lovano)
- Cherise - Sunrise (Norah Jones)
- Franc Moody - Cristo Redentor (Donald Byrd)